1. The bare midriff. Hopefully you’ve been doing some crunches, because you’re gonna want your midriff to look as fit as possible! This spring, it’s all about the crop top, whether it’s fitted, loose, collared or rounded. Unlike previous decades, you’re gonna want to wear it with a high waist (skirt, pants, shorts), so it’s more subtle and can even be pulled of as elegant.
2. The botanic prints. We love florals in spring, but why should we discriminate between plants? This season, leaves and greens are just as trendy as roses or daisies. The fresh prints are energetic and bold, and they look good worn together or with plain colors. More than that, they can be worn on any piece, from dresses and shorts to bags and sunglasses.
3. The twin sets. You can call them suits or you can call them twin sets - but matching separates are super trendy this spring! Again, there is a wide range of choices, from masculine blazer + pants combinations, to feminine top + pencil skirt ones or the more casual shorts + crop top pairing. You can play around with prints, it’s actually recommended that you do so, and guess what: wearing the same color head-to-toe is slimming!
4. The 50s inspiration. The elegance of the 1950s inspires designer once again. Some of the vintage-style elements include the classy, midi length; the feminine full skirts or figure-hugging ones; the oversized, cat eye sunglasses; the kitten heels and hand-carried bags; the headscarves and underlined waists. This romantic trend that’s perfectly suited for spring!
5. The sheer fabrics. By now, you’re probably used to thin, sheer blouses in the warm season. But are you used to sheer skirts? The apparently unwearable trend actually works, and it’s really sexy. Just make sure your feminine parts are covered, but allow your legs to breathe in sheer skirts.
***Runway images via style.com
Author bio: Daria is a fashion blogger and vintage eyewear enthusiast. She writes for Celebrity Sunglasses Watcher, following the most interesting trends in celebrity eyewear.